Take A Look At Our History Below
During the Second World War (1940-1945) the clubhouse was utilised by the Germans. In 1949, local farmer Jack A’Court purchased this land for the purpose of developing his cattle farm.
In 1964 Jack made the decision to sell his cattle business with the intention of establishing what was then to become the Western Driving Range – the second of its kind in the United Kingdom at the time.
In 1970 Jack was approached by United Banks Rugby Club who were looking to establish their own rugby pitch.
In 1973 Jack (although admitting to never have played golf before) applied to construct a Par 3, 9 hole golf course on the adjacent land to where the Western Driving Range stood. officially opened in 1976 by Senator Clarance Dupre
In November 1978 Jack A’Court was joined by his grandson, Jonathan Le Brun. In 1986 Jack and Jonathan put in an application to extend the existing 9 hole course to 12 holes. in 1990 Jonathan, his father and family decided to create a new 18 hole golf course which would be open to everyone.
Eventually, in 1995 the new 18 hole golf course was opened under the new name of Les Mielles Golf & Country Club by his Excellency Air Marshal Sir John Sutton KCB Lieutenant-Governor of Jersey.
In 2002 the first PGA Pro-Am was played at Les Mielles Golf & Country Club and this was sponsored by accountants and business advisers Baker Tilly Channel Islands Limited. It was during this first PGA Pro-Am competition that Jon Le Brun officially opened his new ‘Breakers’ Realistic Miniature Golf Course. This 18 hole course was based on an American design
Throughout The Years, Les Mielles Golf & Country Club has continued to put in place Majors and Hold Opens Supported by the likes of Lexus. 2020 proved to be a challenged year with a world wide pandemic of Coronavirus taking place. We have worked hard to be one of the only Golf Courses on the Island to remain open and give Islanders a sense of normality whilst working closely with the Government to keep golfers safe.